Voice Cyprus News

A turtle had ingested balloons before sadly passing away!


A young turtle who hadn’t yet reached adulthood was caught in the nets of one of the fishermen who collaborated with the Spot Turtle Project. Following a necropsy performed on a young sea turtle that drowned, three balloons were found in it’s digestive system.

The situation of the young turtle, who has not yet reached adulthood, once again revealed the extent of marine pollution.

Spot Turtle Project made a statement and emphasized that sea turtles eat plastic floating in the sea, mistaking it for jellyfish, algae or other species, and that this seriously endangers the lives of turtles.

Spot Turtle Project stated that it is of great importance for those who see a dead or injured sea turtles to report by calling the 1188 Support Line.

Read This:  Today’s weather: Partly cloudy

Related posts

UK economy’s growth points to exit from recession


Işık Bookstore Fair ends this evening

Voice Cyprus News

Fire in Limassol still not under control


TC leader Tatar will return to North Cyprus this evening

Voice Cyprus News

French schools to honour teacher fatally stabbed in ‘terror’ attack


Sweden moves one step closer to NATO membership after Turkish parliamentary committee gives approval